How to change IP address with NordVPN? Well, all you need to do is register NordVPN’s premium subscription, download and install its application, and then perform a few easy steps to change your actual IP address with NordVPN easily.
An IP address is a sequence of unique numbers that can accurately determine your actual location. Think of it as your home address that is visible to everyone on the internet. This can cause anyone to track you, prevent you from accessing different sorts of content online, and seriously jeopardize your online security and privacy.
This is why it is highly recommended to change IP address with NordVPN – the most secure VPN provider in the industry. If you are less interested in NordVPN and more interested in knowing which other providers can change your IP address, we highly recommend checking out our recommended best VPNs.
So without any delay, let’s get right into it…
How to change your IP address with NordVPN?
Here are the steps to change your IP address with NordVPN.
- Subscribe to NordVPN.
- Download and install the NordVPN application on your device.
- Get a VPN subscription. You can find NordVPN subscription plans here.
- Download the VPN app to your device. You can download the appropriate application for your device from the NordVPN download center.
- Once installation is finished, launch the application and enter your NordVPN’s account details to log in.
- Click the “Quick connect” button to connect to the most optimized server for you in the whole network.
- That’s it. You have now changed your IP address through NordVPN.
Check now. You should be able to now see the IP address of the country server you connected to.
You can also avail of NordVPN’s free trial to test the service before committing to the premium subscription. Even if you are not satisfied with the service during the subscription tenure, you can cancel it with this super easy NordVPN cancellation process.
How to Change IP address with NordVPN? [Video Tutorial]
Here’s a video tutorial about how to download, install, and change your IP address with NordVPN:
How does NordVPN change your IP address?
NordVPN changes your actual IP address by rerouting your internet traffic from one of its many servers in the VPN network. Let’s see how it all works:
- You selected a server from NordVPN’s application. NordVPN application offers around 5,473 servers in 59 countries.
- The moment you are connected to the server you’ve selected, the NordVPN application will form an encrypted tunnel that will cover all the traffic coming from your device. This tunnel will start from your device and end on the selected server, decrypting your traffic and transmitting it to the final stop.
- That’s it – anyone trying to track your real location through your IP address will only find themselves discovering NordVPN server location.
Why would you want to change your IP address with NordVPN?
There are countless advantages to changing your IP address with NordVPN. For example, they can learn your actual location, identity, and even your present and past browsing activity data. We have pitched a few of the advantages of changing your IP address with NordVPN.
- You can mask your actual location and identity, which ultimately protects you from hackers or any other individual or organization with malicious intent.
- To access geo-restricted content that are blocked to you otherwise. For example, watching Netflix with NordVPN or Disney+ with NordVPN can be done within a matter of 3 simple clicks.
- You can also encrypt your online internet data to minimize your online footprints.
- To overcome ISP throttling which can seriously impact your ability to download torrent, stream various contents, and do online gaming.
You can learn more about NordVPN in our detailed NordVPN review.
Why is NordVPN not changing my IP address?
NordVPN is one of the most solid VPN providers globally and the best one to change your IP address, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. It also has its fair share of connectivity issues. Let’s take a look at some of the troubleshooting steps you can follow if NordVPN isn’t changing your IP address.
- Ensure to clear your browser cache, cookies, and history completely, then reconnect NordVPN and check.
- Restart your device and NordVPN one time.
- Reset your network adapters. For Windows, you can take help from fix the connection issues on Windows.
- Flush your DNS one time. Run this command “ipconfig /flushdns” directly in “Command Prompt.”
- Check your anti-virus or firewall software and ensure NordVPN is allowed from their exceptions.
- Contact NordVPN’s customer support for further assistance.
For further troubleshooting tips, we suggest reading: why NordVPN isn’t connecting? – 11 quick fixes.
To find out how you can use NordVPN with popular devices, check out the following guides:
Let’s review some frequently asked questions.
Can NordVPN change your location?
Yes, NordVPN can reroute your internet traffic from one of its own servers, ultimately changing your actual location and IP address. Your actual location and IP address get replaced with the VPN server’s location, and IP address after the VPN connection is successfully established.
Can I change my phone IP address with NordVPN?
Yes, NordVPN can change your phone IP address and replace it with its own network’s IP address so that your real identity and location remain hidden and secure. Being one of the best VPN providers in the industry, NordVPN offers a straightforward, easy-to-use, and compact VPN application for Android and iOS devices.
Can I be tracked if I use NordVPN?
No, if you use a top-notch VPN like NordVPN, you will not get tracked. However, poorly configured VPNs can easily let you be tracked due to their weak security encryption technology or their inherent flaw of leaking IPs.
It is imperative to stay vigilant about your online security, privacy, digital footprints, and anonymity in today’s internet age. Only changing your IP address can help you achieve optimized cybersecurity. One of the best tools to do that is NordVPN.
There are plenty of ways to utilize NordVPN to change your IP address. For example, you can configure NordVPN onto your router or download an extension for either Chrome browser or Firefox browser.
With NordVPN’s lightning-fast speed, you will be able to download enormous torrent files in just a matter of few minutes. Torrenting with NordVPN has never been so simple, easy, fast, and reliable. If you’re interested in NordVPN, you can try it out risk-free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
This wraps it up. We hope you found our how to change IP address with NordVPN guide useful. If you did, please consider sharing it on your social media accounts.